Flappy Bird to be removed from app stores!

Dong Nguyen is removing Flappy Bird from app stores on iOS and Android tomorrow.

The Vietnamese indie dev’s global mobile game sensation has been all the games industry can talk about over the past week, but it seems that the pressure and media spotlight may all have been a bit much for .GEARS developer Dong Nguyen, who says he’s removing Flappy Bird from app stores.


Nguyen announced the news via his Twitter account, where he said:

I am sorry ‘Flappy Bird’ users, 22 hours from now, I will take ‘Flappy Bird’ down. I cannot take this anymore. It is not anything related to legal issues. I just cannot keep it anymore. I also don’t sell ‘Flappy Bird’, please don’t ask.

However, Nguyen is still planning to make games. But it looks like if you want to get a taste of Flappy Bird, it’s pretty much now or never!


Source: GamesinAsia

Comments